Thursday, May 1, 2008

what's happenin'...

I took this meme from Diary of a Stay at Home Mom...

Outside My Window... squirrels hopping across the yard and tulips and irises poking up through the dirt

I Am Thinking...about the fact that three of my boys may be moving to Wyoming...way too far away.

I Am Thankful...for my children all being healthy and alive, especially in light of this week's tragedies.

From the Kitchen... Italian peasant food--leftovers from last night. Mmmmmm!

I Am Going...to leave for work shortly, as soon as Gee gets home to take over X-man duty

I Am Reading...The Red Hat Club Rides Again, by Haywood Smith

I Am Hoping...that this weekend will hold fair weather, that my Saturday project will be productive, and that our date on Friday will be fun. We're going to see a movie, I don't know which one yet, but I can't wait.

I Am Hearing...Baby Einstein's Neptune DVD playing in the background, X-man gabbing unintelligible syllables at Lewie, and the muffled sounds of the boys getting ready to leave for Wyoming. *sniff* No, actually, I'm very excited for them. This will be a grand adventure.

Around the House...the washing machine just finished with my white load, and the front door opened. Gee's home. Gotta type faster!

One of My Favorite Things...the smell of pulla baking (Finnish coffee bread with cardamom)

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...closet tackling on Saturday (actually, I don't know if it will be me tackling the closet or the closet tackling me), maybe a slight detour to Anchor Paper for paper purchasing for graduation invites, and after that, stopping in for Archivers make and takes. Yes! And homework help on Sunday.

I'm Feeling...a little overwhelmed right now. Like I told my honey, I just want to run away, eat ice cream, and scrapbook! Nothing else.

A Picture Thought to Share for the Day...

4 comments:

Smellyann said...

Cute, I might do this one. I'd run away, eat ice cream and scrap book with you!

daisy said...

Cool! We'll have ourselves a girl party!

Crazy Daisy said...

OOH, I'm also all with you on the running away, eating icecream, with my scrapbook stuff in tote!

bethn said...

Great picture! I'm in on the running away, but I'd need some major chocolate too.