Tuesday, June 17, 2008

morning comes early

I got up at five this morning to make sure Pearl got up. I was so tired that I was lucky to find my way out to the living room. When I staggered out there to see if she was up, I didn't see her. I'm looking and looking, and all of a sudden she stands up. "Oh! There you are." It's pretty bad when she is three feet from me, and I don't see her. She was bending over, getting stuff out of the diaper bag.

She was already awake and operating at what seemed like a magical speed. The baby was changed, and she was getting ready to change Dal. Then she got her stuff together, took a shower, and got milk ready for the baby for the day. She had everything done in about 45 minutes. She even had time to snatch a quick nap before she had to leave for work. Wow.

I didn't do much the first hour I was up. I held baby Jay while she took her shower, but I didn't get going on my stuff until about six. She left at 6:45, and I had to wake Erica up to hold the baby while I braided my honey's hair. She was whining...well, mostly because she was tired.

But the whole time, all I heard was, "I suck at this. I don't know how to burp him. How much does he drink before you burp him? I don't know what I'm doing." Give. Me. A. Break. If she wouldn't have stayed up till 3 am, playing the stupid Sims2 game, I'm assuming, she might have not had so much trouble focusing.

I didn't even stay up past midnight, and I'm still whining. I still don't feel up to par yet, I'm whining about all the stuff I forgot at home when I left, and I'm wishing I had a little cot in my office. I'd take a nap until it was time to go to work. Listen...do you hear it? It's coming down the street...it's getting closer...why, yes! It's the wha-a-a-a-h-m-bulance. Yeah, that's about how much sympathy I'd get, since I was the one who didn't go to bed early.

1 comment:

bethn said...

I know how those days can be. I've never been a morning person, but both of my boys are. It has always been hard when they're all cheery in the morning and I can't see two feet in front of my face. Have a good day!