Friday, June 13, 2008

recovery day, and a weekend to play

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!! Today is only a half-day at work. I'm done. I'm free! At least for the weekend. I absolutely LOVE Friday afternoons when the possibilities are floating in front of you. The options seem endless. And as a person who avoids making decisions, simply because one reduces one's options when one does so, I love having choices, just not making them. If you're thinking, "Geez, what a dork," I already know that. My kids tell me all the time. But that's okay! I revel in my dorkiness! Ha!

So my choices are...go grocery shopping, oh, wait. That's not a choice. That's a necessity if we want to eat this weekend. So after that, my choices are clean up the HUGE mess that is left from the grad party, which is liberally spread all over the living room, dining room, and kitchen; or go around with a huge garbage bag cleaning out little pockets of stuff in the house; or work on my closet and put my things away; or weed play in the garden...

I just picked up on something here. Nothing on my list, NOT ONE LOUSY THING, has to do with anything but work. Bleahhh! I am hereby adding: read a book. In fact, read two books is now on my list of options. I have two FABULOUS new books to review and report to you on. I'm so excited!! I can't wait to dig into them and tell y'all all about 'em.

And now, without any further ado, I have to get in my little wrinkled car (if you saw it, you'd agree that it is, indeed, wrinkled from all the accidents that keep happening to it) and I'm going to drive home to do some very exciting shopping for food! Yippee! Yeah, I'm trying to roust up some enthusiasm, cuz I don't have any yet. I'll check back with ya later and keep you posted on all my fun. Oh, and I have more news about the boys out in the wild west. Later!

1 comment:

Terra Hangen said...

Hi Daisy,
Thanks for visiting my blog and cheering me on about my soon to be published book.
What will be the topic of a book in your future?