Saturday, July 26, 2008

can't. stop. cleaning

I think I'm possessed. Ever since everyone went to bed, I've been cleaning. I talked to Lewie tonight, and he told me to keep his name off my blog. Ha! Read it and weep, mister. Lew, Lewis, Lewie. Maybe I should bold and capitalize it: LEWIE! And I should toss Rob in there for good measure. (Hee hee. Love ya, guys.)

But maybe talking to him gave me a shot of extra energy or something. I've been vacuuming, doing dishes, cleaning the kitchen, even fumigating the burner grates with ammonia.

(Do you know about that? If you have burned on food on the burner grates or plates, put them in a garbage bag, pour in one cup of regular ammonia, and tie the bag shut. Leave it overnight. But put it in the sink or outside in case it leaks. In the morning, you can just wash them and everything will fall right off. The food, I mean. Not like the paint or anything.) There's your helpful hint from Mrs. Temporarily Clean.

I don't know what is wrong with me. I just keep zooming around the house. Maybe it's because there are no interruptions. But I have to get up at 8:00 am sharp to get ready to go get my hair cut. Dee's friend Katie is back in town, and she does the best haircuts.

But I'm never going to be up in time if I don't get to bed!

I keep thinking of all the things I could do...rearrange the entire living room and dining room, clean off every horizontal surface in the house, scrub all the rusty stains out of the tub...yukkk. This cleaning thing, it's like a bad virus, I'm telling you!

The next thing you know I'll be yelling at the kids for leaving footprints on my freshly vacuumed carpeting. Oh, help me! Except with Berber carpeting, you can't really tell. Which was the point of buying it in the first place.

Okay, I'm going to try to tear myself away from the kitchen and the vacuum and the computer and run for the bedroom like I'm running for my life. Til we meet again.

6 comments:

daisymarie said...

I only dream of that kind of cleaning energy...sigh.

I need to let you know my book arrived...a few days ago, but I didn't know. Nelson thought it was something he ordered and put it in his stuff...unopened. When his order arrived today he sent me to find out what the other book was...sheesh! Again, thanks!

Smilingsal said...

Since you can't stop cleaning, will you please visit my house?

Amy said...

I've never heard of the ammonia thing. I'm definately going to have to try that one now!

Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I was reading your chores to be done and immediately I thought of myself. I am trying to break the habit of staying up all night just to get stuff done.... thought I'd share just .02 cents...

http://livingbalanced.blogspot.com/2008/07/do-you-get-enough-rest-andor-sleep.html

Monica said...

Hi,

I was reading your chores to be done and immediately I thought of myself. I am trying to break the habit of staying up all night just to get stuff done.... thought I'd share just .02 cents...

http://livingbalanced.blogspot.com/2008/07/do-you-get-enough-rest-andor-sleep.html

Maestra Jen said...

Just wanted to say thanks for commenting on our Bilingual Fun products on Bloggy Giveaways. We really appreicate the interest! We often do giveaways as well and if you are interested in more info about language learning, feel free to sign up for our newsletter. Thanks again!
Jen
www.bilingualfun.com