Sunday, July 20, 2008

food update

Okay, the apple dumplings were diabolically delicious. I hate to admit that I ate THREE of them. Well, each one was only one apple slice, but it did have a croissant wrapped around it. Easy recipe...it only took me about fifteen minutes to put it together, forty minutes to bake, and ten minutes to cool. Just over an hour. Start to finish. With ice cream, it's almost sinful.

Okay, I also tried the cream corn casserole from Pioneer Woman's recipes, and that was pretty good. And then the fresh asparagus, steamed and lightly buttered? *sigh* But the dumplings won the night, hands down. I think I have pure syrup running through my veins right now. My face is buzzing.

And then, my honey made chicken on the grill, chicken that he had seasoned first with minced green onion, garlic and ginger. He gussied up his BBQ sauce recipe with some honey and more hot sauce and brushed it on at the end. The chicken was to die for. And there's enough left over so that I can take it in my lunch. Hooray!

And today was going to be unbearably busy for me--here are the things I needed to finish: checkbook balancing, meal list making, grocery shopping, clothes washing, and house cleaning. Blgghhhh! But then my honey knight in shining armor sent me off shopping with the girls to Joann etc. with the credit card, and he took the laundry to the laundromat. We'll shop later, he said. I know it. I'm spoiled.

Mmmmm. A little balancing of the scales is in order, I think.

6 comments:

Faith said...

Yum, your making me hungry. I am going to have to try that apple dumpling recipe. Looks delicious and very easy to make.

Anonymous said...

How do you do the words such as apple dumpling (underlined) so that when you click on it, the information pops up? Thanks!

faith said...

oops that was me.

daisy said...

You know, I wonder if that is something that blogger does automatically. I just add a hyperlink to the website where the particular thing is, in this case, the recipe. I copy the URL address (you know, www.whatever thing), I click the little link button at the top of the edit post window, another little window pops up, I paste the link in, and click OK. Blogger does the rest. Does that answer what you're asking? :)

Faith said...

Yah, but I still don't know how to do it! Hyperlink, whats that? I am so computer illiterate. I'll try figure it out. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

That was a great dinner.