Tuesday, July 15, 2008

just another random post

Oh, man, it's Tuesday already, and I have to get to go to work today. Last Friday was only a half day, and I was off yesterday. That makes this a short week, but it's also a "Monday" for me. It's always tougher to get going on a Monday.

Let's see what else is new...well, I have many blessings to count. My boys in Wyoming are still alive, for one. Lewie and Rob were on their way home from work on Sunday night. Rob was coming up to a curve and he tried slowing down but it didn't seem like the car was responding. He broke loose, slid into the ditch, and even though he tried to keep it going straight, he must have hit a hole or a rock because it turned the car sideways, folded the front driver's side tire underneath the car, and rolled upside down in the ditch. The farmer's fence was part of what stopped them. Thankfully, they were both buckled in, and neither one of them had a scratch or a bruise. Amazing. Just amazing. Thank you, God!

So momma here was doing some serious freaking out Sunday night when they called to tell me. His car is most likely totalled. He has to call the insurance company, get his money, find new transportation...well, I guess they will figure it all out. Talk about having stories to tell.

On another happy topic, it sounds like I'll get to go on a scrapbook weekend after all this summer. Oh, sweet anticipation, to have a weekend to create, and to daydream, and to just relax...I think I like thinking about it almost as much as I'm going to enjoy doing it.

And I installed Brainiversity, practiced for a couple of days, and grudgingly let my girls on there so they could do it too. I'm going to do it for a few more days and then give you my unbiased opinion on the whole thing. And give you a shot at having your own copy. Ciao for now.

3 comments:

Smilingsal said...

Thank God only the car was hurt.

Lesa said...

It's all I can do to go back to work after being off for a long weekend! It makes the day seem tougher and longer than usual! That's usually when odd things happen and all "you know what" breaks loose!

God's guiding hand was certainly upon your boys! Glad they are safe!

Have fun at your scrapbooking retreat! And have just as much fun daydreaming!

Crazy Daisy said...

OOh! A scrapbook weekend! FUN!