Thursday, July 17, 2008

my creative drive is kicking in

Yesterday I had the craziest thing happen. I was getting ready for work, and all of a sudden I had an image of a handmade card pop into my head. I could see it. And it was like I HAD to drop everything and make it, right there. I had gotten some fun new paper from Archiver's, my supplier for my paper addiction, and I kept dreaming about it.

So I made myself late to work because I couldn't stop making it. It was like The Force just took over my body; beware the creative force, I guess! It was amazingly fun, though, and I can't wait to do it again. It's pretty sad when making a greeting card becomes the highlight of your day, yes? Well, that's me. That is what my world has come to. Squeeze in a little time for crafting, and I'm happy.

I've been getting my supplies and tools organized in my bedroom closet "workshop", and maybe making all that stuff accessible is getting to me or something. My next step in getting it ready is to shred all the papers with confidential information on them that I've come across while I've been cleaning. Anything with my name and address and any kind of any account number or personal info gets shredded.

Am I the only one who is paranoid about throwing those unsolicited credit card applications in the trash? I swear they just bombard you with those things--like ten or fifteen in a week sometimes. I hate that. I finally got on the "do not send this crap to me" list, so they have died down to a bare trickle. But then they start sending them to the kids as soon as they hit seventeen years old, and it starts again. Phoo!

But once I get those two bags full of stuff shredded, I can pretty much see my way right to the desk. I'll have to rethink how I'm storing my clothes. I'm not very happy with it still, so I'll work on that. I'm gonna have to put pictures in soon. I'll post a picture of my card, too, just for fun. I'd do it now, but I'm at work on my lunch hour and don't have it handy.

My new dorky motto is: Never fear...crafty time is near!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I have to tell you something!!! I hate them too, but my DH started opening them and sending them back blank.....causing them to pay for postage!! And guess what?! We are getting less and less now!! It really is crazy though how they turn that certain age and they begin to magically appear!! UGH!