Tuesday, August 12, 2008

it's gonna be a long week

It's only Tuesday, halfway through work. I'm draggin' my tailfeathers already.

It's time for a gratitude shout-out to pick me up. These are the things I'm grateful for:


  • to have a job to go to
  • to have food on the table every night
  • to have a healthy family
  • to be healthy myself
  • to see the smiling faces of my grandbabies so frequently
  • to be able to play with paper and other assorted pretties and toys and call it a hobby so people don't look at me funny
  • to have a home to call my own
  • to have such great kids
  • to have a great husband who makes me laugh and who puts up with me
  • to have a cute Augie doggie who gives me kisses
  • to have cats who make me happy
  • to be able to blog and make my kids roll their eyes at me

It always helps me stop whining if I look for the good things in my life, and then I realize how truly fortunate I am.

3 comments:

Faith said...

I know what you mean, I look forward to Thursdays because I have Fridays off. Some weeks it seems to just draaaaaag on by....

I try to do what you do, look at the good instead of whining about the bad. Sometimes I need to slap myself upside the head to remember to do that!

Smilingsal said...

Remember the old hymn, "Count Your Many Blessings"?

Crazy Daisy said...

OOH, hang in there! The weekend will be wonderful :)

I think I need to do my own Gratitude list... Hopefully it works for me. This not having a job yet is starting to get frustrating!