Sunday, August 24, 2008

a perfect match

Gee is a great scrapbook partner...I'm so glad she came with on the Great Girlie Getaway Weekend! Although I'm not so sure she would have come if I called it that out loud. But she keeps me focused and much more on track than I would have been on my own.

Last summer my BFF and I were here together, and boy did we get sidetracked. We are two peas in a pod. We went into town for a few sheets of paper, and FOUR HOURS LATER, we dragged our tails back to the house here. As Erica says it, we're not ADHD, we're ADOS. Or something like that. Attention Deficit...Ooooh, Shiny!

And I'm not very organized when I lay out my stuff. I just kind of pull it out and start with whatever catches my eye. Everyone had an 8-foot table to work on. Except me...I took over three empty tables in the back room with all my trinkets and tools and paper. Wait, make that four. I had one table for my Cricut and all my stamping and embossing supplies.

I am so random. I would drive anyone who is OCD absolutely batty. In fact, I'm pretty sure I drive Gee crazy, too, but she is nice enough (most of the time) not to say so. But she does call me on quite a few things.

Like when we were in town, and I had a worship CD playing...I forgot which verse came next, so I kind of mumbled my way through it. Only I picked the wrong verse so the words were wrong. She cracks up laughing at me. What is that?! How about cutting me some slack?

Or when I started to get sidetracked at Target by something I probably already have at home, but I just liked the color, I heard, "No. Mom. You don't need it. Let's go." It made me laugh, though, because unfortunately, she was absolutely right.

"Yes, dear," I said to her. And we moved on, back on track again.

Speaking of which, I gotta go finish my page now. More later. I have to tell you about the pulla, and the pink and green, and the hot tub, and ... well, I'm not doing very well here getting back to my project, am I?

2 comments:

Smilingsal said...

Be sure to take pictures when you're finished.

Crazy Daisy said...

OOH! It sounds like it was SO much fun! I hope you post photos!