Friday, August 8, 2008

slacker blogger

Yeah, yeah. I know, I've been slackin' on the blogging.

But I had a good reason. Well, several good reasons. I was sick. Hello. It was the kind of sick I get when I don't get enough sleep for several days in a row. I can do one night. Or maybe two. But when I get to three or four in a row without enough sleep, I get really sick. Seriously sick.

I was so sick all last weekend that it took me a few days longer than it should have to finish my bloggy giveaway. (Well, I guess I already told you I was sick before, but I just wanted to complain some more about being sick. I think maybe I didn't get all my words out today.)

Then I had to go to work. All day long, every day. Are you feeling sorry for me yet?

Actually, I didn't go to work Monday. I thought my head was going to explode at four-thirty in the morning when I woke up. I could feel every blood vessel in my brain swelling up and beating in unison on the inside of my skull. I called in to work and left a message right then and there.

It took me a minute, but I finally realized that I had been so sick all weekend that I hadn't made coffee for two days. No WONDER my head hurt. You coffee drinkers junkies KNOW what I'm talking about!

I made coffee at four-thirty-six in the morning with my hands shaking. I poured out a half cup as soon as there was enough in the pot and filled the rest of the cup with milk. I slugged that baby down, tossed back a few ibuprofen, turned off the coffee pot, and crawled back to bed. I felt halfway better when I woke up at noon.

Tuesday it was off to work again, and I've been working full time all week. And then I've been making an effort to get to bed early. Earlier, that is. And sometimes I cook dinner. Well, tonight I did. So my time has been very limited.

Today at work, I was so surprised when I saw my honey walking down the aisle at the bookstore, looking all handsome and smiling at me. He came to take me to lunch. What a sweet darlin'! We went to the Vietnamese restaurant that we like and had a yummy lunch.

Okay, if you don't want TMI, stop reading here.

Okay, you're still here. All bets are off. No complaints about the topic, then.

Much to my dismay, I discovered that I was a week early for a joyful monthly (or thereabouts) event that we girls share. What a lovely mess...so I checked myself out of work and went home. At least that is the official version. I was a little more graphic when I told my boss what happened.

I think she is going to get a little skeptical of the reasons for my frequent absences. It doesn't help that I don't want to be there! I'll take any excuse. But you can't really make up a potentially embarrassing situation like that, can you?

But next week, I will be at work every day, all day. I promise. I think.

Oh, and speaking of work, the job at the law firm did NOT work out. Maybe I didn't tell you about that. It's a short story. In fact it's barely a paragraph. A sentence.

Had an interview, but didn't get hired. Oh, well.

3 comments:

Crazy Daisy said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick and the law firm didn't work out! Crazy. Hope things start looking up!

Smilingsal said...

What's TMI?

daisy said...

TMI = too much information

It's like the things you blurt out and THEN you realize, oh, whoops! That is more than they probably wanted to know.