Saturday, August 9, 2008

you mean it's MY anniversary? today??

Happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniver-saaa-reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-pyanniversary!

I was at Pinda and Lat's yesterday, and Pinda says to me, Happy Anniversary! (We share the same anniversary date. Isn't that just the most coincidental thing? Our kids are going out, and we have the same anniversary date.)

I just looked at her, like, Duh! What?

She repeated herself. And she's looking at me, waiting for a response.

And I don't have one because I'm looking at her with this dumb look on my face, thinking, "But it's only June. I still have more months till my anniversary."

And the slow realization dawned on me, that it was NOT June, it was August, and my, I mean our, anniversary was imminent!! I mean less than twelve hours imminent. And I had not a clue. Not prepared, not ready, not even on the radar. You've got to be kidding!

Maybe it's because I've been working in the bookstore and it seems like the summer is dragging on forever...and ever....

I went home and told my honey that Pinda wished us a happy anniversary. He just stared at me.

He gave me this deadpan look, and finally he says, "Is it today?"

*Oh, whew!* I wasn't the only one.

Well, it's par for the course. At least we figured it out the day before, thanks to Pinda. Two years ago, we BOTH remembered ON THE DAY OF.

What a pair we make! Hi-lar-ious.

5 comments:

Smilingsal said...

Obviously, you're a match!

Happy anniversary!

PS Did you ever get my information so that you could send me my giveaway goodie?

daisymarie said...

That's better than remembering the day after.....

Happiness to you!

Crazy Daisy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

A little something at my blog to help you celebrate even more! Thanks for spreading the love! :)

Sharon said...

Happy Anniversary! My hubby and I just had our 26th! Time sure does fly!

:0) Sharon

Becky K. said...

That was funny. Makes me feel better about my forgetfulness and overly busy schedule.

Becky K.