Thursday, September 25, 2008

a broken record...but I'm not alone

I know I'm going to get some flack from some of my readers again, but this video is from a rally in Alaska, the same day that Palin spoke there. These women (and men) share some of the same concerns I do regarding her ability to do the job she's running for.

You have to think about these things. It's not a job a person can take on a whim just because it makes good press, or gets national attention. Imagine the background on the issues a person would need to already know. If you wait to get up to speed until a huge national crisis happens, it's too late to play catch-up. There's a lot at stake.



People often say to me, "But she's not running for President. John McCain is. And he has lots of experience." Well, the purpose of having a Vice President is in case something happens to the President. If something did, would she be competent? I don't dislike her. She's like me in some ways...I can relate to her story. I'm a mom, too. But I wouldn't want me running for VP either. I'm just sayin'.

3 comments:

Crazy Daisy said...

Thank you for posting this Daisy!

Smilingsal said...

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree about politics because your presidential candidate doesn't have much experience, and I feel that is more important. But, hey, everyone has the right to vote however they want.

katemcdonald said...

I am glad you posted this as well. I think she is a remarkable human, but someone who has only had a passport for 2 years has no business attempting to run the free world.