Sunday, September 28, 2008

sneaking in a quick post

I have to be quick about this. The girls are chomping at the bit, waiting to go to Joann and check out the sale stuff for scrapbooking. There's a huge sale going on, and they want to get some fleece for blankets (half price) and see what scrapping paper is on sale.

I think I'm going to check out that Cropodile Big Bite. I can put rivets and snaps on with that, so it will be good for more than just scrapbooking. Sometimes I feel funny spending money on toys for a hobby just for me. I think it relates back to times when we always shared everything because there wasn't enough money to buy everyone their own. I always shared my stuff. "Mom" didn't own anything by herself. It was always community property. So now this feels weird sometimes.

For heaven's sake! I just got busted blogging by DeeDee, right after I was rushing her into the shower. Shoot! Well, I'm going to finish anyway.

I just wanted to blog about my latest word game...on Facebook, you can play any number of word games, but the one we've been doing lately is PathWords. It's like a combination of tetris and boggle. You find a word in the bunch of letters, and after you select them, they disappear and new letters fall down to take their place.

So I recklessly challenged the girls to a duel. First Dee passed me up, and then Gail did. We've been having a pathwords war, and I'm on the losing end!

My honey said I better quit playing. It doesn't look good if the writing tutor gets whomped in a word game. LOL. I think I better switch my game. Scramble is looking pretty good about now.

Well, that's it for today...short and sweet.

1 comment:

Crazy Daisy said...

I understand your not wanting to spend money on stuff just that you use. I struggle with that as well with my scrapbook tool collection. I often find myself walking away from purchases for just this reason. It is an interesting balance.

However, if you decide to get the Cropodile Big Bite... you will love it!