Tuesday, October 21, 2008

more on the story

Thanks, dear readers, for all your thoughts. I always hesitate a little to post about politics because it can become such a heated topic, but when I see and hear things that get my dander up, I have to speak up.

Taking a look at the facts is not the problem, in my eyes. Racism is the real ugliness.

And taking a tip from Ephesians 4:25, the Matthew25 Network has created a site called Put Away Falsehood, which addresses and clarifies many of the things that have been said about Barack Obama.

It's definitely worth a look if you are a Christian and are choosing not to vote for Obama based on your religious beliefs, or even on issues such as taxes or other concerns that keep coming up in the dialogue about the election. I could tell you what I learned, but I'd rather let you decide for yourself.

And to answer some of you who commented, I totally get it that race may not be a factor for everyone, but it is definitely a part of this election, particularly for people like this man, Wade Williams, 75, who was arrested October 8 on a felony terrorizing charge after allegedly calling the Registrar of Voters and warning that he would come to the state office and empty his shotgun unless he got his registration card. Using profanity and racial slurs, Williams told a state official "about needing to vote to 'keep the n***er out of office," according to an Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office affidavit.

I don't see any other issue but race in this case. But enough said. Do your homework. :)

2 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

I know several of my relatives that won't vote for Obama because of racism, and that is a horrible reason. I, myself, cannot vote for him because of his stand on abortion and homosexual marriage. I don't care what color he is. Sadly, I'm not terribly fond of McCain, either. Sigh.

Faith said...

I don't believe in abortion or homosexual marriage either, but that doesn't stop me from voting for Obama. I guess I look at all the issues instead of just a select few. I don't think you'll agree with every single issue a candidate has. I think you just need to find the one you agree the most with.