Thursday, October 2, 2008

who woulda thought?

Who would have thought a little bonk on the elbow could cause so much trouble? The other night, I was harassing my honey about taking over my side of the bed.

I was laying there on my side, minding my own business, with my elbow pointing to the middle of the bed. Here he came, and by the time he got settled, his elbow was touching mine. I purposely try to leave a little space, so I was SURE he was on my side of the bed. I bonked his elbow with mine and called him a bed hog. LOL.

"I am NOT on your side of the bed," he said. I was so sure I was right that I was ready to to get up and measure it, but...I was too tired.

The next morning, my elbow was a little sore. As the day went on, it got worse and worse. I suppose picking at the dry skin on my elbow for the last week didn't help matters either.

By the time I got to the doctor today, my elbow was in excruciating pain, and it was swollen, red, and hot. I couldn't straighten my arm. The red was going down my arm about four or five inches, and it was starting to hurt down to my wrist and almost up into my shoulder.

The doc took one look, put some gloves on, felt it a little, and sat down to write out prescriptions. I have bursitis, and it's infected. He had a fancier name for it, but do you think it stuck in my head? My head was so fuzzy already that the words just kind of went in one ear, bounced around like an old ping pong ball, and went right out again.

I got the meds, an antibiotic and some prednisone, and I'm headed off to bed to watch the VP debate. Toodle loo!

4 comments:

Smilingsal said...

Poor baby! Prednisone is serious medicine. I sure hope your elbow/arm gets better. I'll pray for you.

Gwendolyn said...

Oh no! Praying that your elbow feels better. Hmm...I think that's like the only body part that I have never injured. I wonder how I have managed that in all my clumsiness? LOL

karen said...

daisy? is there more to the story at the grocery store that you didn't tell us?? knock-down-drag-out in aisle 4. lady with bad hip has the upper hand. daisy down on elbow in some serious pain. hee. hope it gets better soon! yee-ouch!

Crazy Daisy said...

OOH! Hope that gets feeling better! Hard to scrapbook with a sore arm! :)