Saturday, November 29, 2008

an honest award!



Karen from The Art of Heart is so sweet--she has bestowed this Honest Scrap Award on me. And if you don't say it very carefully, it could sound like an oxymoron...something politicians are very good at handing out. So speak (or read) it very slowly. Enunciate!

Here are the rules that you agree to when you accept this award--although I can't write a rule like that without wanting to break it:

"When you receive the prize, you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing that they were prized with 'Honest Weblog'. List [if you can and/or dare] at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!" (Karen's version was more entertaining; you should click over there to read hers when you're ready.)

But should they choose to accept this award, I nominate these honest bloggers:

Melanie, over at Smellyann Strikes Again
She is creative to the max, energetic, and funny. Did I say honest? Oh, my. That she is. :) And she always manages to snap the cutest pictures of her adorable kids. If we were neighbors, she'd probably have to chase me away with a sharp stick because I would want to go over and have coffee with her every day.

crazy daisy at Forever Daisies
She and her hubby are the proud owners of their first house! And she's a fellow scrap enthusiast--and I think she is much more creative than I am. And, she has adorable new puppy pictures on her blog. What more could you ask for? :)

Kate at The Accidental Traveler
She is one of the most eloquent writers I read. She's so wise. And she's a great mom to an adorable little boy. It's funny, but I always realize something new or profound about myself every time I read her posts. Her heart is totally sold out to God. She inspires me.

Melissa at A Long Way from the Theta House
If I moved to Texas, I'd look for a house on her block because then I'd feel right at home. She's so down to earth. I love reading her blog--she's got a heart for ministry as big as the state she lives in, she's FUNNY, she doesn't take herself too seriously, and she posts great recipes! Try the Darius pasta if you need a new meal for your menu. Mmmm mmmh!

Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom AND Full Bellies Happy Kids
Talented, talented lady. She maintains both of these blogs, AND she's a cooking machine, I tell ya. I look for the easy recipes that sound tasty, but I end up trying almost all of her creations. She is the one who would bring a pasta dish over if you broke your leg, and she'd have it there before you got back from the doctor's office.

and my final victim blogger is The Nester at Nesting Place
A creative home maker, a talented artist, and the most optimistic make-lemons-out-of-lemonade blogger I read. She could create something beautiful out of a stick and some string. I want her to come to my house and practice her home decorating. I'll have to settle for stealing lifting some of her ideas.

Yes, that is only six. Refer to earlier comment.

Without further ado, Ten Honest Things about me...most of which could cause you to fall on the floor laughing and pointing in my direction [but hopefully not the first one]:

1. Injustice is on the top of the list of things that drive me mad, crazy-mad. Following closely behind are arrogance and close-mindedness.

2. I am a procrastinator. To the max. I work quickly under pressure, but any other time, I put off the things I hate to do. Which explains why we usually eat dinner around eight o'clock at night, and why it's an event when I actually clean the hard water deposits and rust stains from the tub. Just saying that makes me thing of about fifty scrapbook pages I could make instead. Meals are overrated anyway. I'd rather snack--graze, they call it now.

3. I love, love, love to collect scrapbooking supplies and organize them in pretty containers. I like being able to see the colors and the textures of all my toys. Imagine that. I hate clutter, but I collect it. Then I rearrange them into new containers, always finding a reason why the previous ones weren't just right. Occasionally I scrapbook.

4. I am bored, bored, bored by routines and schedules. The only thing I obsess about doing the same every time is making sure the toilet paper lays so it comes off the top of the roll and hangs in the front. If it's backwards, I have to switch it before I use it. 'Nuff said about that.

5. I hate going to bed. Well, at least I hate it until I'm so exhausted I could just lean over sideways and crash in place. I'm a night owl, have always been a night owl. I tried being a lark for many years. Even if I get up at the crack of dawn, I still get this creative burst of energy about 11:30 at night. If I get into bed before that, I'm good. If I get on the computer or start scrapping around then, it could be one, two, or even three in the morning before I get to bed. The ONLY time I regret that is when my alarm goes off at five the next morning.

6. I love my coffee. I usually make a pot of joe every morning. My dealer of choice is actually Starbucks, but I don't indulge there too often. Venti sugar-free vanilla latte, with only two pumps of flavor. But not fat-free. Oh wait...that's me (not fat-free, that is.) If I'm not drinking coffee, then my favorite drink to splurge on is Kristian Regále Sparkling Black Currant Juice. A homemade sparkler with apple cider and club soda over ice is a decent substitute, and much cheaper. I lean toward frugality, with occasional bursts of indulgence.

7. I love to bury myself in a good novel. I'm also always checking out books from the library about organizing, cleaning out clutter, and finding new ways to store the junk I have. It's hard to find the time to read anymore. I'm going to have to make some time for it, though, because I just received a set of Beth Moore books from Tracy over at Peace and Quiet. Thank you, Tracy!


I can't wait to get started!

Oh, and to go along with the organization thing, I've never seen a bag or an organizing container I don't like. I've even won a couple of gorgeous bags from other bloggers. This felted booga bag is from Smellyann,


and this one is from Cheryl at Bayou Bags.

Are they not the prettiest things you've ever seen?? I treasure them.

8. All my children are teenagers or older, which means I have now been relegated to that worst of all parent stages: the uncool. The dork. The *eyeroll* "Really, mother?" And the secret knowing looks shared behind my back when I try to sound like I know something about what's up. If I turn around quickly enough, I will catch them with their quickly stifled smirks fresh on their lips, and then they will burst into laughter and tell secrets behind the door.

9. I love to dance, but I'll only do it in the house with the curtains closed when everyone is sleeping. So when they say "Dance like no one is watching," I really do! And fyi, there will be NO secretly shot footage coming to your local youtube video page.

10. Our living room has been under construction for...I think it's...four years now. I've stopped explaining. It only holds water for the first time or two that people see it anyway. After that, yeah. Oh, well. It's my house. It'll get done when it gets done.

All right! Enough about me. The All-About-Daisy window is closing. Start clicking--there's a whole list of brilliant bloggers there to go visit.

6 comments:

Smellyann said...

I had to LOL at #3! Sounds familiar. :D

Thanks for the award! I will probably post it up tomorrow, I'm actually feeling tired at 2 AM for once!

The Nester said...

Thank you so much for your kind, kind words!

What a great award to get! Have a great day, Daisy!

Sandra said...

Thank you so much Daisy, you are so sweet :)

I loved your list and LOL at #4, I am exactly the same way. The paper has to come from the top of the roll, it it's behind I freak out LOL

karen said...

Daisy, you are too precious. Leave it to you to provide everyone a heartfelt introduction. If we were neighbors, I'd be the one you'd be running off with a sharp stick! We have so much in common. I almost left a comment at about 2:30 a.m. this morning, but chickened out. I am usually in bed before then, but I was having too much fun reading blogs! Have a lovely Sunday.

Crazy Daisy said...

Thank you! You are the best, plus you are WAY craftier than I! Humm. I'm feeling a craft weekend coming on...

Crazy Daisy said...

I'm FINALLY getting around to posting this.... so sorry. However, I have to share I was re-reading your list for inspiration and I totally have to switch the TP if it is on backwards... seriously. I though I was the only one :)