Saturday, November 1, 2008

love like this

Ayiesha Woods' new album, Love Like This, sports a fresh, peppy sound, but I think it might be more appealing to a younger audience.

She has a beautiful voice, but it's often drowned out by the instruments in the songs. My taste leans toward something more soulful with more emphasis on the voice. If she sang something a little slower and lost some of the instrumental sound, I'd probably like it better.

It's got a strong pop sound, with a little bit of R&B flavor thrown in. I like it, but I'm not crazy about it.

You might love it, though! If you'd like to hear her, go to this link and give her a listen. She's beautiful and talented. I think she's just going to get better and better.

2 comments:

Faith said...

I love her! I love her song "Happy". She has such of an unique voice.

katemcdonald said...

well said. I think alot of great artists are hard to enjoy on their cds because their voices get buried under everything!