Saturday, November 8, 2008

a nothing kind of day

Wowza. It's Saturday already. I'm slacking on my posts here. Well, I've been busy. My honey has been getting ready to go out of town all week long, and I've helped him with a little of this and a little of that. But now? I've got the leisure thing going on. I'm doing whatever I want to do. Even if it's nothing.

But between hunting and sleepovers, I was the only one home last night. That's a little creepy for me, going to bed when I know I'm going to be the only one home. If people were just getting home late and weren't there yet, I wouldn't think twice about it. It's so weird.

I felt like a little kid again. I woke up in the middle of the night once, and instead of getting up to make my usual girl's room run, I just stayed in bed and went back to sleep. Why is that, I wonder?

I had a hair appointment first thing this morning, 8:00 am. Bright and early. My honey said to me the other day, "I'm going to be gone hunting on Saturday. How are you going to get up in time for that?" I looked at him all crazy-like. "Um, I'll set my alarm?" The same way I usually get up?

He got this little look on his face, that little smile, like a "you can't get up without me" smile.

Whatever. I'm grown. I'll get up when I want.

I have to tell you about my alarm clock, though. It's sort of broken. When I set it, each number of the time has it's own button. So I set the hour with the left button, and I set the minutes with the middle and the right button: one for the first digit and one for the second. The middle one is broken and it is stuck on 1. So I can change the hour of the day, but can only set the alarm to go off anywhere from ten minutes after the hour to nineteen minutes after the hour. Does that make sense? I can adjust the last number anywhere from 0 to 9. I can adjust the first number from 1 to 12. But the middle number is stuck on 1.

Well, anyway, that's my quirky alarm clock. I don't want to buy a new one because this one has a phone on it, and I love it. If I set the alarm to sound like a ring, I shut the alarm off by picking up the phone and setting it down. Even more fun is when someone calls me when I'm sleeping. I pick up the phone, set it back down, and go back to sleep. "Mother, I'm not your alarm clock," my kids say.

Well, anyway, my alarm went off...6:19 am. Hmmm. Little bit longer. I'll reset it for 7:10 am. That still gives me a half hour to get ready. No sweat.

It went off again at 7:10. I rolled over, shut it off, and rolled back over. Just for a sec. When I opened my eyes again, I freaked out. It was 8:15!!!!

Fly out of bed. Let the dog out. Call the salon. Okay, still going. Feed the cats. Quick go potty. Let the dog in. Change my clothes. Grab my purse. Fiddle with the door lock. Get the door open. Lock it again. Slam it shut. Check the door. And run for the car. Whew!!!

The worst part? He was right. Arghh!

1 comment:

daisymarie said...

I've had a few of those kind of "secs"....eeeeek!