Tuesday, December 9, 2008

i feel like scrooge

So I'm thinking that it sounds really nice to NOT put up a tree this year. I don't think I'll get away with that, though. I can hear it already. Wails of protest.

It's like the little red hen, you know? Whooo is going to help carry the stuff in from the garage? Whooo is going to straighten out the lights? Whooo is going to make sure all the ornaments have their little hooks? (Sounds more like an owl, really.) But seriously. I have so many better things to do.

Part of the problem is that I want my tree to look Martha Stewart-ish...something like this:


And by the time the cats get done with our tree, it usually ends up looking more like a Charlie Brown tree, like this:


So really. Why?

Are you shocked? It's not a stretch...you just combine my characteristics of procrastination and being lazy and before you know it, it's the new year already!

There you have it: my energy-saving tip for the day. Just say no.

3 comments:

Crazy Daisy said...

Our tree isn't up yet either. I'm having mixed feelings about it. I really want to put it up. however with the dog, and we are still unpacking.... it is a lot of work

Becky K. said...

If Chelsea hadn't put up the tree and decorations we probably wouldn't have any either...

Stop by and see them then enter the contest/giveaway...you'll have to actually come to the blog, rather than bloglines, because you are too explain a photo.

Becky

karen said...

Awww really ... forget the tree if you want! We aren't putting up a tree ... but I made some great holiday decorations and a new wreath for the door Sunday. All f-r-e-e because I'm frugal. We had a great time and crafting together really sparked the Christmas spirit. (Also, if you don't put up a tree, then you don't have to take it down ... think about it, my friend!)