Friday, December 19, 2008

it's snot much

Some people will buy anything.

You've probably heard that Scarlett Johansson blew her nose on a tissue when she was on the Tonight Show, and Jay Leno gave her a baggie and told her to put the tissue in there and put it on eBay. Give. me. a. break. Are you kidding me??! Well, the last time I looked, the bidding was up over $4000!! For a tis-sue. A used one.

Oh my gosh. Who are these people? Have they lost their minds? How many idiots morons people are out there with that kind of money to blow (no pun intended) on a used nasty tissue? Sorry...I have to keep reminding myself of what I tell my kids. Don't make fun of people. Even when they make it easy for you. They can't help being like that.

Yes, yes, I know they're donating the money to the food shelf. Still. Don't you think they're taking this celebrity thing too far? Would people buy some toenail clippings in a baggie, too, if they said they came from some football star's feet?

But it was originally Samuel L. Jackson's cold, she says. And? It was someone else's before him. Who cares?

It's still snot in a baggie. Eeeewwwww. Eeeeww again! What in the world will you do with it? Reuse it? And then never wash your face? Until you get that cold...

I'm pretty sure if I put a snotty tissue in a baggie and tried to sell it anywhere, someone would be calling the men in the little white coats to haul me away. Or they'd have me arrested for attempted contamination or something.

The only difference is that I'm a little older (a lot, Gee would say) and not nearly so cute. And I'm not famous. Except in my own mind.

Still. What would you be willing to buy from your favorite celebrity? And who would it have to be?

3 comments:

Becky K. said...

Good Grief! And they say we are in a deep recession...

Becky k.

karen said...

A used tissue to raise money for the ... food shelf. There is just something so wrong with that picture. Is says a lot (or not) about the actress. Imagine if she had considered giving something worthwhile. I know what you mean, Daisy, when you ask if there's really a recession. Who paid the $4,000? Her agent?

Faith said...

I think this world has become too celebrity obsessed. That is crazy and downright disgusting! I've heard of people picking up celebrities chewed gum too. Now if I knew I could make some money by doing that and some idiot would buy it, hmmmm.......