Tuesday, December 30, 2008

a quick update

This has to be quick. I have five minutes. I want to be in bed by midnight tonight. Last night I stayed up waayy later than I should have, chatting with Rob, seeing how his Christmas was.

It sounded like he had an okay time, even a good time, but it's so strange to think that the boys are going to have good Christmases when they're not home with me. For heaven's sake...I need to get a grip on myself! He's not eight anymore, for crying out loud. He's twenty-eight.

Okay, now that I got that wet noodle slapping out of the way.

We have one boy back in the house, at least temporarily. Hooray!!! I miss all the boys so much more than I thought I would. I thought I would be fine. Are you tired of hearing this tune yet? Then turn up the volume and listen to the other tunes. I put them on for something different. :)

Johnny is back for now...his hours got cut a little, money was tight, so he moved out of his (first) apartment. Boo hoo...but on the bright side, there's another reason, too: he is saving up to buy a ring for his sweetie!! They picked it out, but he hasn't asked her yet. But it's coming down the pike. His will be the third official wedding in the family...and I'm assuming the relationship is going that direction. So that's why I say he's here for now at least.

It's amazing and scary to watch your kids get into relationships. Amazing because it seems like just yesterday he was playing with Legos and K'Nex toys, and today, he's a man with a woman. She is such a sweetheart, too. They're so cute together. And it's scary because we adults, older adults I should say, know how many things could go wrong, and in how many ways their hearts could get broken. We just have to hang onto faith after we teach them good judgment. You have to let them go.

Anyway, so that's the scoop.

I didn't make it into bed by midnight...I'm ten minutes over right now. And I'm three days past due for a review of the coolest study Bible ever. When I first started trying to study Scripture, I wanted a concordance, a Bible dictionary, and some Bible history stuff to give some context...this has it all and then some. And it's in chronological order, as much as the editors could come close to. So you can kind of read it how it happened.

Okay, that's another post, but it's coming real soon. Right along with my fruitcake post. Right before it, actually.

So there you have the sneak preview along with the update. Ta ta, and g'nite. Or as I've been saying to the kids, G. Noit. [G'nite with a British accent] LOL. I know. I'm a dork. And it's okay. I know you won't laugh at me. Much.

6 comments:

Becky K. said...

You are the best kind of dork...the kind that is fun to hang out with....even if it is just by blog.

Kids and growing up is something I am just beginning to wrap my brain around...sigh.

Virginia Wieringa said...

Ah yes, my daughter spent her first Christmas away from us- she's 26 and I had to give myself a talking to. And yes, watching your children go into relationships is amazing...and scary. All we can do is pray.

Ashley said...

hey there!! i have enjoyed perusing your blog this morning!! some good stuff here. excuse me while i go read some more...

happy new year,
ashley

Aimee said...

Hey! Thanks for finding my blog and commenting! I really appreciate your comments. Blogging about my weight certainly is hard. I never thought I'd have the courage. But it's people and comments like you/yours that keep me going.

Keep reading, I have big plans for this year. This is the year that I actually achieve my goals. The more readers I have, the more accountability I have.

Thanks again!

karen said...

Hi Daisy! Just dropping by to say Happy New Year!!! Love you! k&j

daisymarie said...

I'm looking forward to your review...definitely sounds like a b book I'd be interested in!

Ah, adult children relationships...when they work it's so good...and when they don't...what's worse than heart-breaking?