Friday, December 26, 2008

still quiet...somewhat

There was absolutely no structure to my day. The lack of chaos and lack of busyness or hurriedness gives me an uneasy feeling, almost like the calm before the storm. That's the thing about too much unstructured time for me. It gives me too much time to think, and I get a little weird. I feel like I've forgotten something and it's making me nervous.

The only thing I really did was do a few chores, buy milk, and go to Archiver's with Gee. We're both going to make scrapbook calendars for 2009. That's something fun to look forward to.

Gee had a sucky day before we went to Archivers, though. She took X-man to Target with her and bought some things with her gift card. She paid for her stuff, put her wallet back in her purse, and someplace between the register and the car, the wallet disappeared.

Poor girl. She was just beside herself. She's usually so precise and so careful. She thinks it may have happened while she was waiting for little X-man to stop having a fit about having to go home. She's not sure if it fell out or if someone snatched it. There were keys attached, so you think she would have heard it.

She retraced her steps, several times, asked everyone she could think of if they had seen it, and finally she came home, in tears.

She had to cancel the cards, alert the credit reporting bureaus, and now she has to get new dorm cards and keys, new credit/debit cards, new driver's license...what a pain. It's going to cost her a little moola to fix this.

Say a little prayer for her that things go as smoothly as they can. I know she'll appreciate them.

6 comments:

Becky K. said...

So sorry that this happened. It is a horrible feeling to lose your wallet...I hope and pray that it was simply lost and someone will return it to her.
Miracles happen sometimes, right?

karen said...

oh that is the worst feeling! poor Gee. well, hopefully there were no charges made on anything. I know that feeling - like you're having a heart attack. And your mind is scrambling trying to remember what the heck was in the wallet! It's so hard not to be distracted by little ones - hopefully if it was stolen, someone will have a change of heart and mail it to Gee.

daisymarie said...

I hate that....I feel sick just thinking about it.

I will be praying!

Crazy Daisy said...

Oh no! I hope things go smoothly for Gee in replacing everything!

Faith said...

Saying a prayer that things go smoothly. What a bummer! Happy New Year!

daisy said...

Thank you everyone, for your kind words. Gee is amazed and appreciative of your prayers.