Thursday, January 15, 2009

let me just say.....brrrrrrrrr!!



Another frigid day in paradise. Twenty-seven below zero this morning. My car groaned and growled before it would start, complaining about having to get up and go today. I can't say I blame him. I would have rather stayed in bed myself.

The district cancelled school for K-12 classes, and that is the first time E-girl has complained about a snow day. Ever. She has a game tomorrow night, so she's worried about missing her practice tonight. They've won their last two games, by the way! Not bad for a first-year team. I missed both those games. Do you think I'm a jinx? I hope not, because I'm going tomorrow to cheer her on.

And yes, my car is a "him". Why shouldn't it be? Guys always call their cars "she", so why not? I haven't named him yet...haven't thought of an equivalent to Bessy or Betsy. Any suggestions, bloggers? What do you call a man-car?

5 comments:

Becky K. said...

Hmmm... I'll have to think on the car name. Cute idea.

I am not liking the cold we have but at least we are still above zero...not by much...but above.

It is cool that your daughter is so into her basketball. Hope she wins the next one too!

Becky

bethn said...

OH yes, we in Wisconsin are just loving this cold weather. Not! WE didn't have school today either and they canceled tomorrow earlier today. My kids however were thrilled! Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

hey if you run outside right now, you can flash freeze yer keeester! this is INSANE cold. i have the heat turned up, i'm wearing fleece everything AND a muffler indoors. brrrr. xo daisy! -- karen @ theartofheart@cox.net

Anonymous said...

How do you know what your car sounds like in the morning : )

daisy said...

LOL. Oh, you are so funny, miss anon. I know because my sweet daughter who started my car for me told me so!