Friday, January 16, 2009

snow day

Thirty five below zero this morning. My car didn't start. I had my own personal little cold weather day at home. I could hear the trees cracking when I brought Augie Doggie out for his little morning excursion. It's not fit for man nor beast out there.

On the bright side, there's a three day weekend ahead, and the inauguration on Tuesday. Do ya think the inauguration coverage is going to preempt American Idol? I'm thinking not, since the event itself is happening in the middle of the day.

It's supposed to warm up this weekend. Actually, it's supposed to warm up to thirteen degrees ABOVE zero tonight at about 3 am. And then we're supposed to be in the twenties and thirties next week. In the positive.

The cold weather makes me sluggish. I've had about enough of January, with its sickie germs and wicked weather.

Gee thinks I'm slightly out of sorts, and she accused me of having an attitude just like E-girl's. I, of course, denied having any such attitude. That's one of the things about having an attitude. You never acknowledge that you have it. That just takes all the air out of it. Of course you can say the same thing about being foolish. In fact they usually go hand in hand. Hmmm, I can see I'm digging myself a hole, here. I think I'll go check the temperature or something before I totally put my foot in it.

Have a lovely warm evening.

2 comments:

Norah said...

I'm having an attitude alright, a BAD attitude.. too cold and too much winter. I heard about your 35 below - do you know that's way colder than we had? brrrrr..

daisy said...

LOL. That's crazy! I always think of you having colder weather than we do.

I thought it was just me, but this winter seems sooo long. It's totally depressing!