Saturday, February 28, 2009

happy dance!

It's Friday! I love Fridays. The end of a long week. I've gotten used to these Monday holidays now, and working five days in a row just about did me in this week. I couldn't get to bed early all week no matter how hard I tried to get off the computer. LOL

But guess what! My honey cleaned the house today and did all the stuff I had planned to do tomorrow. How cool is that!! What a doll.

We had his brother and his family over tonight--they live a state over from us, so we don't get to see them all that often. It was just like when the kids were all home. We had a full, noisy house with lots of commotion. It was great!

We had these individual sized pita pizzas for dinner. So easy. You buy these Pita Folds (I always find them near the Hawaiian Bread) and pizza sauce and toppings. You put the pitas on a cookie sheet, and each person gets to pick their own toppings.

I was a little more adventurous this time than I usually am. I bought some of the meatless sausage and chicken strips, and artichoke hearts, besides all the usual pizza toppings we like, like fresh mushrooms, pineapple, pepperoni, fresh tomatoes, green onions, two kinds of cheese, and oh! I also bought some Ragu alfredo sauce so people could have a white sauce pizza if they wanted. Yumm-o! It reminded me of the Chicken Garlic Pizza that Papa Murphy's makes.

They were a big hit. You bake them for about twelve minutes at 375° and they're perfect. (I figured out how to make that degree sign: you hold the Alt button down, type 0176, and let up the Alt key. It makes a perfect degree sign. Pretty snifty, huh?) Gotta run, gotta get to bed. Happy pizza dreams!

6 comments:

Becky K. said...

We just might have to try this for one of our Sunday night get togethers.

I love learning a new(to me) computer function...thanks!

Enjoy your weekend!

Barb said...

Daisy, your pizzas sound just delicious!

Thanks for your wonderful comment at Bella Vista. I LOVE the bird music too.

Hugs, Barb

Crazy Daisy said...

YUMMY! PLUS your honey cleaned the house... mmm. I sign up as house # 2 :)

daisymarie said...

The pizza idea sounds wonderful. All those toppings were quite thoughtful.

I like the tip on the degree symbol, too. I'm going to go try it now!

Shauna said...

I'm new here! What a great blog :)

Anonymous said...

if you had a mac, all you have to do is hit shift+option+8 to get the ° sign.
why does windows have to be so complicated...? :)