Monday, February 2, 2009

i'm cautiously optimistic

Mugs' dialysis appears to have been successful, at least so far. Thank you, God!!! And thank you all for your prayers. I'm feeling a little relieved, but she has some more challenges ahead of her.

She is going to have dialysis again today, and they want to continue it for several weeks. Her blood potassium level has dropped to a more acceptable level, but they want it even lower. She may have to be on it permanently, but they won't know that yet for a while.

She is slightly more responsive today, not much. She is experiencing nausea and vomiting, though, which they did say doesn't always happen, but it is common. I tried to do some reading about it online, and I think I read that when they do dialysis, the fluid sometimes gets a little cattywompus inside the brain. That can cause the nausea, and other not so pleasant symptoms, too. I'll know more tonight after we stop down at the hospital to see her.

I could hardly sleep last night. She's my sister in Christ forever, but she's only been my sister-in-law for five years, and I'm not ready to lose her yet! We have so much fun together. AND, she makes my honey laugh. That alone is priceless.

1 comment:

Faith said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister in law! My prayers are with you and her. ((hugs))!