Sunday, February 15, 2009

my valentine

Every year I say this. I think Valentine's Day is a cheesy holiday made up by retailers to make a ton of money. It's too commercial, and I don't want anyone buying me flowers because some holiday says they should.

Having said that, and having told my honey that, I figured it was the end of the subject. You know, we're both off the hook that way and we don't have to feel guilty about it.

Fine. Fine, he says.

Come Friday evening, he says he has errands to run, and heads out the door. He came back with flowers. And more flowers. Oh, my. A dozen beautiful red roses for me. Awwww, honey, you shouldn't have! But they're so pretty, and they smell soooo good!

And then he tells me he bought flowers for each of our girls. For the daughters who have children already, he bought them for the babies to give to their mamas. Isn't that the sweetest thing? And he bought flowers for each of the other girls, just because--he picked out the prettiest tulips for all of them. (I thought for a minute that maybe we could keep them all here for the girls, and then I could enjoy them, too. Hee hee!!)

Oh, and in his delivery travels yesterday (yes, he drove all over town to deliver most of them), he also brought some flowers to Mugsy.

That man is adding up points fast.

And today, he watched Fireproof with me, just the two of us. All I can say is, Wow. If you haven't seen it, I'm not tellin' you a darn thing. Except that it was intense! I'm still processing. I've been there, and yes. They nail it. It's realistic. I buy it.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You have a very sweet guy with a generous heart. (I love tulips!)

One of these days, I need to get my DH and watch Fireproof. I've heard so much about it through blogs.