Friday, March 27, 2009

weekend plans?

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend?

I have no idea what's going to happen this weekend. I just feel some energy coming back...maybe it's spring fever! I have decided that when I get old, I am NOT living in snow country. This winter sucked the life right out of me. It's time for some changes! Changes for me.

I figured out that making a change is harder than I thought it was going to be. First I have to figure out what I want. And a decision-maker I am NOT.

But I want to be healthier. Working a desk job for the last several years has taken a big toll on me. So I have to make exercise part of my daily life. So it gets to the point where I'm not even having to think about it. Okay, the bottom line is that I don't want to be a fat old lady, okay? Let's just say it the way it is. Getting old is going to be tough enough without that.

Okay, so when am I going to find this time? I've got three options: before work, at lunch, or after work. What's the most feasible?

Well, at my morning job, there are...duh, workout machines! There's a treadmill, a seated elliptical machine, an exercise bike, a stair stepper, and one more that I forget. If I go in before work, I can use the equipment free of charge. Hello! Kind of a no brainer.

So. If I'm going to work out a half hour a day, I have to leave at least a half hour earlier for work. What does that mean? Go to bed earlier. This is not rocket science. I just work my way backwards. Be up by when? How many hours of sleep? 'Cause I do not do well without my sleep. Mmm mmmm.

Okay, so how long does it take to get ready for bed? And how long to get ready in the morning? And what can I streamline? Make into a routine? And all of a sudden, I'm making lists, and it's sounding pretty good. I'm thinking, "God, you must be putting this into my brain, because I sure didn't come up with this." Now don't laugh at me, because I am such a fly by the seat of my pants person it's not even funny. This did not occur to me before.

Okay, I thought about it a lot this week, but I still didn't get to bed early. Therefore I didn't get up earlier, because if I'm too tired, things don't make sense to me all day. There was one night this week that I couldn't fall asleep till like 2:30 a.m., and boy oh boy was that a tough day the next day.

So the key is figuring out how to get to bed earlier. Even if I only work up to it a little at a time. But that means planning the whole evening differently. Speed things up. Start dinner sooner. Maybe even start the prep the night before. That is a lot of work, people.

I know, I know. Stop laughing. Some of you do this all the time with everything. NOT ME! At least not yet. Just wait, though. God's not done with me yet. And He's a GENIUS.

No comments: