Thursday, April 2, 2009

a freebie night!

Wow! I think I have a free evening tonight. My honey is making dinner as we speak I write--chicken and dumplings tonight! Mmmmmm. He makes the best chicken and dumplings EVER. Johnny has dishes tonight. I have no shows to catch up on. I think it might be time for an impromptu date night!

All I have to do is put my clean clothes away, before they blend in with the black hole in my closet so much that I can't tell if they're clean or not. (Even if they were clean, if they stayed in there very long, the cats would think they were put there for a nice bed for them, and they'd take nice long naps on them. I'd be washing them again just to get the cat hair off.)

So we might go for a cup of coffee somewhere, not too far, and just sit and catch up with each other. When life gets busy and you just run from one thing to the next, from one chore to the next...you don't even have time to check in mentally, you know? Before you know it, it's time for bed and you're exhausted.

We haven't been very good about sticking to our date nights. Too often they turn into chore nights, and that takes a toll on the relationship if you're not careful. It ends up being all about getting things checked off the never-ending To Do list and work instead of being about "us" and maintaining the sweetness between us.

I'm looking forward to a little R & R. Hmmmmm...*smile*

4 comments:

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Daisy, chicken and dumplings sound so yummy and comforting.

Have a great date night.

Barb

Blessings each day said...

Well, I would have been okay if I had stuck to just reading today's post, but nooooo, I HAD to read the bug one, so now I will become a huntress of carmine. Where's an April Fool's joke when you need one?? My April Fool's post really was just that.

many blessings to you,
marcy

Becky K. said...

Warren and I had a nice evening like that earlier this week. You are right...it is a good thing!

karen said...

... that is such a great reminder! To put the "to do" list aside and look up and around now & then. It's so easy for me to let the "to do" list rule my life! xo