Sunday, April 5, 2009

killing time...

I always like to check out the "Picture of the Week" archives when I find one online. MSN usually has one, but today I found another on in the Detroit Free Press.

There was this picture about fishy pedicures, or you could call them fishicures:



And so I had to go find out more about it.



Kind of creepy and yet kind of cool. I think they'd be easier on my feet than the last pedicure I had. The person was so rough on my feet that the skin between my toes was split. Ouchie.

I also read that this procedure is also used to help treat psoriasis and eczema. Kind of like using maggots to eat away dead tissue in infected flesh, or leeches to improve blood circulation. Sounds more like Fear Factor than ER, don't you think?

What an interesting world we live in!

4 comments:

Sue said...

I don't know if I could handle all those fishies nibbling at my toes. My feet are ticklish enough already ;-)

I had seen this before though. Gonna try it?

Faith said...

I'd try it!

outdoor.mom said...

oh my goodness!!

karen said...

eewwwwww.