Wednesday, April 15, 2009

singing, and songs, and singers, oh, my!

Did you catch American Idol last night? You know I did...I'm a self-confessed AI addict. I can't miss it.

So what about last night? I think Matt or Lil might go home this time. I don't know what's up with Lil...it seems like she is trying to sing in every genre except where her strength is. It's not really working for her, in my opinion.

Allison did well, I think, but it's always risky doing a song that is a trademark for someone else. That song IS Aerosmith. We'll see tonight.

And I'm an Adam Lambert fan! I think it'd be a travesty if anyone else won this year. I'd buy his CD right now if he had one out. I looked at my honey last night, and I said, "He is going to be BIG." He's going places. I'm happy for him. He has talent up the wazoo; he manages to come across as humble; and he has a great attitude and a great smile! What's not to like?

On a similar subject, check out this singer in the Britain's Got Talent tryouts. I could hang out with her. She's funny! You have to see it!

You'll see Simon's familiar face there, but you won't hear any sarcastic comments from him this time. Embedding has been disabled, so you'll have to click on the link to see it. Really. It's worth a couple minutes.

3 comments:

karen said...

I watched Susan Boyles perform, too! I was blown away! xo

Sue said...

I LOVED the shocked look on Simon's face as that woman sang. I think he enjoyed being wrong about her ;-)

Becky K. said...

I agree that Lil has lost the edge she had when we first saw her. I don't know if she has just stopped growing musically as the others have gotten better or what, but it is not happening for her.

I believe that Adam deserves to win the whole thing. I really like Danny too, but it is Adam that we just can't wait to see. He is one talented dude!

I have watched the BGT clip a bunch of times. It is so cool.
Warren and I watched other clips while we waited for AI last night.
I wish Simon behaved himself over here like he does there. Sigh...

Have a wonderful day!