Wednesday, April 8, 2009

whirlwind days, short nights

Life has so many seasons! Right now it feels like my days fly by. Wake up. Foomp--time to go to work. Foomp! Lunchtime. Foomp! Time to go home. Foomp! Bedtime. As fast as you can say Foomp!, my day is gone.

I fall into bed, and Foomp! It's morning again.

So I guess when one of the children asks me how I am, if I say Foomp!, do you think they'll get it? Or will they say, "Excuse me?" in disbelieving tones? And when I say Foomp! again, will they step away and look at me out of the corners of their eyes, and whisper to their sibling about how strange I have become? Because yeah, I am that strange when I have no time for my brain to calm down, and for my thoughts to become collected.

Well, Saturday is going to be a day of a different tempo. I will get up early, unfortunately, but after that, the day will get better. It's going to be a scrapbooking spree. No work allowed. Just playtime with paper and pictures. And no requirement to be productive. I'm looking forward to THAT.

4 comments:

karen said...

Oh I get all frazzled when life moves too fast, when a good night's sleep is a distant memory, when things start to stack up! Foomp! When I can't remember what I did the night before because it's "go go go" almost 'round the clock. Give yourself a nice, easy weekend, Daisy! You deserve it! xo

Sue said...

I returned to my former job to fill in for 3 days and I TOTALLY get what you're talking about! I'm exhausted!

Have a Scrappy good weekend! Sounds like you're going to have a blast!

:-)

Becky K. said...

I too, am a bit foomped today.

Can I use it in the past tense?

Funny and a great new word!

daisy said...

Mmm, I'm glad I'm not the only one. And I love it in the past tense, too.

You guys be nice to yourselves this week! :) --I can't stop saying guys, no matter who I'm talking about. I know it's prolly not pc, but c'mon. You ladies sounds fuddy duddy, you gals sounds southern, and I'm not from the south, and ditto for y'all. So guys it is. Unless you have something better. Let's hear it.