Saturday, May 2, 2009

what a bee-a-you-tiful day

Finally.

Minnesota has given us an absolutely gorgeous day. And I didn't even get my hands into the garden today. That was a little disappointing. But next week I have a day and a half off, and it's supposed to be in the low 70's, mostly sunny. *sigh* Doesn't that sound like a little piece of heaven? Here's my forecast:



Back to today, though, Gail and Linda went to Lillian's. I've never been to one. They're only open a few days a month. It sounds like they make a party out of it and make it fun for everyone. Gail said the place was CROWDED. They sell unique purses and accessories, according to what I heard. I would have liked to go, but I was watching ChiChi in the morning when they went.

All the same, though, I think RubyAnna's in St. Michael has an awesome selection of purses. Designs I've not seen before. I'm curious to see how Lillian's compares. Maybe we'll go next weekend and check it out.

But I did make it to Archivers today to do some of their freebie make-and-takes. And I had a coupon for the sweetest little paper flowers! So fun. I love the summery colors.


And it wasn't a little cheapy jar of them, either. It was like a 12-oz cup crammed full of them. I can't wait to use them.

And then I used my 30% off coupon on some of that delicious doodlebug sugar coating glitter. They are little jars, but a little bit goes a long way. Aren't the colors great?! I feel a playdate coming up soon!



Here's a picture of the make and takes we did today. There's something so satisfying about puttering with paper and pretties and coming up with something like this when you're done.



And finally, let me give you one word of wisdom about previewing your blog. I always put it into preview mode before I publish a post, because I almost always catch a typo or two...well, I clicked on the picture of my make-and-take because I wanted to see how much detail the picture showed. My word of wisdom? Don't do that!!

It opens up in a new window, you know...and well, when I clicked the back button, it went back to the "create a post" page--AND IT WAS BLANK! Talk about an adrenaline rush. I thought I lost the whole thing! And after I had already moved all the pictures around and took out the extra spaces etc...oh, my!

Fortunately, the auto-save was working, and I didn't lose anything. I just clicked on Edit Posts again, and there it was. Pictures and all. *huge sigh of relief!*

I'm off to rent a movie! I'll probably watch it laying in bed and fall asleep, because although I hate to admit that Gail was right, I did NOT get a nap this afternoon. I'm tired. But I really want to see Seven Pounds tonight. So I'm on my way.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Looks like you'll be keeping busy with all your gardening and scrapbooking this week! Enjoy!

Crazy Daisy said...

ooh. with my day spent outside, I completely forgot about all the specials at Archivers! I'm happy to hear you were able to visit!