Thursday, June 25, 2009

a busy summer ahead

We are continuing to work on the house, slowly, but surely.

The living floor is done...ready for pad and carpet, and ceramic tile by the front door. Yay!

First, though, we have to prepare, prime and paint the walls. That is going to be so fun to get done! I have about forty books on decorating and remodeling ideas out from the library. I always say that you can tell what's going on in my life by the books I have out from the library. The sad thing is that I NEVER get them all read. But I skim through and pick ideas.

The dining room floor is mostly ready. There is one spot by the wall that we had to cut out and reinforce because of water damage from many years ago.

The kitchen and back hall are waiting for us. Here's how I see them...huge ghostly shadows rearing up overhead, with claw-like hands reaching for our money! "Come fiiiixxxx us," they whisper. "Don't worry. It'll be fiiiiinnne." I'm very afraid!

My honey agrees that it's time for some serious clutter pitching. Yes!! Someone to prod me when I want to procrastinate. Seize the day!

I'm starting a dream book, an idea binder where I can save pictures of what I think I want my house to look like when we are done, storage ideas, decorating ideas, paint color swatches, etc. I think it will help make it more real.

We've put so many years into raising the kids, and when something broke in the house, if we didn't have the money, we just made do without it if we could. But there comes a time when you have to pay the piper. I think this is it. :)

I know next to nothing about construction and painting and flooring and such. But I can learn!

2 comments:

Smellyann said...

Wow, good luck with all that work! Where do you put your stuff whiel you're doing the floors? We're trying to figure that out ourselves...

Sue said...

Sounds like a very busy summer ahead. Have fun and keep dreaming :-D