Monday, June 22, 2009

noise, noise, noise

Yesterday for Father's Day, my honey wanted to grill ribs in his handy-dandy grill. Frosty, Cindy, Pearl and John came over with their families/others, and all the kids came along. Wowza!

I think the top of the house was probably bulging, ready to explode from all the energy building up inside. Those kids were playing like they had been cooped up in school all day...running and jumping, screaming and wrestling...oh, my!

I had to go hide out in the other room for a break. :) I've come to the conclusion that I am just not a crowd person, no matter who it is. I'd rather be someplace quiet, reading a good book. It makes it hard to be social for long periods at a time. It's the introvert in me.

But it was still a fun day, even though I was so tired at the end of the day that I just fell into bed and crashed.

3 comments:

Becky K. said...

Managed Chaos! Even if it i family it can get to be a lot.

Sounds like a great day!

Enjoy your Tuesday.

karen said...

we are not introverts, no no. we are people watchers, observers of life ... artists! I understand your sentiments and I'm the same way. I love my solitude!

Sue said...

You sound like my hubby... he enjoys people, but enjoys being quiet more somedays ;-)