Saturday, June 6, 2009

plant gurus: i need help!

I love spring and early summer. All of our lovely flowers spring up and grace us with their presence for a few short months again. It's like a plant family reunion. But sometimes, I forget their names. I know, I know. What kind of a family is that that forgets your name?!

Well, there's just so many things that can fit into my overcrowded brain, and this one must have gotten pushed out the back door.

So we planted this in the north garden a few years back. It's so pretty. Each set of leaves sprouts out from one place--there are about seven in each group. The tiny white flowers are only there in the early summer.

It's not life-or-death...it's just crazy-making. I want to know what it is! Help! (You can click on the picture for a little closer shot of it.)

2 comments:

Becky K. said...

The leaves of the plant look a bit like may apples. I am not sure...

Becky

bethn said...

I'm not sure what it is. I do the same thing, never quite sure what the plant is. Sometimes I lovingly take care of a plant until it gets nice and big and I realize that it's just a weed. I hope someone can help you name your plant.