Tuesday, July 14, 2009

eight weeks away...

My sweet Melissa is getting married in eight weeks. Eight short weeks, folks! A little less, even, because it was eight weeks from this last Saturday, when we went looking at wedding dresses. She found one she likes, and I did my best not to embarrass her by getting all sappy and teary-eyed on her there.

The bridesmaids found their dresses already...kind of a royal navy blue (is that a color?) with a smallish diamond-shaped rhinestone accent where the bodice and the skirt come together. They're so classy! They could easily wear them to another wedding...they do NOT look like a typical are-you-kidding-me bridesmaid dress. Have you seen 27 Dresses? Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. These are not those. LOL.

But anyway, I took pictures of her modeling The Dress, but I can't post them...her honey can't see the dress until the day of. You'll have to take my word for it. I just have to say. She is going to knock his socks off. She'll be one beautiful bride!

And then when that wedding is done, I still have two more of my kids' weddings in the next year to look forward to. The fun never ends at our house.

2 comments:

Becky K. said...

One wedding just about does in most women. You must be super strong...lol.

Weddings...we aren't quite there yet but with our oldest at 18 it won't be forever.

It sounds like you are enjoying the process and that is awesome!

Becky K.

Sue said...

Very exciting things happening around your house!! Can't wait for you to show us all pics of your daughter's special day!!