Thursday, July 9, 2009

new digs!

I found a new background that's perfect! It's like a home remodel. What do ya think? It just goes along with our whole "new house on the blog block" theme.

And just for an update, the carpeting is out. The base for the dining room floor and living room floor are in. New carpeting, tile, and laminate flooring are in the (hopefully near) future. Depends on the finances.

This is like the most exciting thing we've done to our house since we painted over the baby poop brown siding with a lovely slate blue paint, and put white shutters on outside. I know, I know. I'm easily pleased. It's part of my charm. LOL

New floors, new walls, new ceilings in places, and eventually most of the bathroom and kitchen will be redone. It'll be a long process, but so worth it.

We'll take out the tub and the tub surround and put in a tub length shower. There are some very nice looking ones...I'd like to build in a bench at one end. Here's an example, kind of...



The bathroom vanity that John made us will go in, along with a new sink and countertop. I like the sinks that sit on top of the counter...have you seen them? Vessel sinks, they call them. Like this.



Trendy, but very cool.

Lots and lots of work!!!

3 comments:

Becky K. said...

Your home is on its way to being all that you dream of...how fun!

I am so happy for you.

Becky K.

Sue said...

Very exciting - I bet you'll be thrilled when it's all done! Enjoy!

karen said...

Forgive me if I am saying this twice, but I love the new background to your blog! Love it!

Isn't decorating fun? I could let the possibilities take over my mind, laying awake thinking of paint, flooring, lighting ... furniture. Sounds like your making progress on the house! You deserve it! ...and yes, I love those fancy vessel sinks.

I haven't posted in awhile - life is a zoo. Again. ;) xo