Saturday, August 22, 2009

blast from the past

I just got back from my nephew's wedding. I have decided that I do NOT like riding in the car when I'm tired. I haven't had to do that for a while. I would rather be tired at home, thank you, where I can just go to bed when I'm ready. Even if I have to start brushing my teeth when there are people over, at least I don't have to sit in a squishy little space (the front seat of the car) where I can't get comfortable and my claustrophobia gets the best of me.

I was so uncomfortable all the way home I probably drove my honey absolutely batty. I told him he married a spazz. Jumping around, twitching, thrashing around trying to get comfortable.,,it was a horrible car ride. Thank goodness my honey drove. I was so glad when we got home that I almost got out and kissed the ground a few times. LOL.

It was fun to see family I haven't seen for a while, though. The kids don't stop growing when you don't see them...in fact I think they speed it up and put it in overdrive. Wow! Some of my brother's grandkids have gotten married already. I'm not there yet. I'm just getting used to the idea of MY kids getting married.

Tomorrow, it's back to work with the painting again. We got the walls in the living room completely textured, and tomorrow we paint them. I think they look fabulous already. It's going to look great. I can't wait. No more Christmas morning pictures with the blotchy sheetrock in the background.

And the bathroom walls are nearly done...all they need is paint and a little trim. This place is going to be like a whole new house when we finish everything that needs doing.

I gotta get to bed, though. I just had to sit down and type a few things and get my online fix because I haven't been on the computer all day. Is that sad?

3 comments:

Becky K. said...

Daisy,
I know what you mean about kids and growing. I always find myself surprised that children aren't exactly as I last saw them...funny!

I am so very happy for you that your walls are nearly done!!!

Becky K.

karen said...

I hate long car rides, too! I've become too much of a creature of comfort. I used to love to go go go in the car, but no more. oy.

The house! The house! I am so so thrilled about the paint. Color - ahhh. So happy for you!

Good buddy is watching his 2nd episode of Monk this morning, and finishing off a bowl of maple & brown sugar oatmeal. Sunday morning ...

xo

Nezzy said...

I confess that I do NOT ride well, 'just too spastic. I have a nephew gettin' hitched in two weeks. I can't wait to see what the reception will entail. My nieces and nephews receptions are never traditional. Some have included shootin' balloons, one was married in a hot air balloon, the last one had a fish fry for a reception which should been anticipated after seeing the camouflage vest with the tuxedos. Have a blessed day!!!