Friday, September 11, 2009

happy wedding day!

Saturday, September 12.

My baby is getting married!

Ready or not, here it comes. Melissa and Jon are getting married today!

I'm up late Friday night, putting the finishing touches on her garter, and hemming my honey's dress pants. No sense doing early what can be put off till the last minute, you know.

I found a dress on Tuesday. Ordered shoes online and got them Wednesday. Picked out some sodialite pieces and Luvvy put them together for me last night...at about midnight.

And I should be sewing, but I just had to take a little break and breathe here.

We went to the rehearsal tonight and went out to Mel's for dinner. Wow! Have they done a lot of work to get ready for this. The place looks fabulous. Sorry I can't claim any of the credit...I actually have not been responsible for very much. She gave me one thing to do. One. And I waited until today.

I could tell you a little secret about how it all worked out, but someone doesn't want me to tell how they helped me. So I'll just say THANKS again, and get back to the hemming.

Pictures at 11, and by this time tomorrow, she will be a Mrs. instead of a Miss. Wow!

5 comments:

karen said...

I hope you are in bed by now or you will fall asleep at the wedding! Oh it is so exciting! Congrats & love to all.

Your night owl friend. xo

Sue said...

Have a wonderful day today & best wishes and God's blessings to the new Mr. & Mrs. How exciting!! Will look forward to pics for sure!

Nezzy said...

Have a great time at the wedding. Our nephews was super and normal last Saturday. Pour out our blessings to the new couple and we are excitingly anticipating the pictures.

Enjoy the big day!!!

Crazy Daisy said...

Yeah wedding! have a wonderful day!

Becky K. said...

How wonderful!

Hope it was all you hoped for...and more!!!

Congrats to the Bride and Groom.

Becky K.