Sunday, September 27, 2009

it's been another week since I blogged

Let's see...I had class, took a test, handed in two papers, cleaned stupid Microsoft Agent malware off my computer (four evenings!), got a daybed and mattress for Mugs, babysat my little ChiChi boy, went to a wholesale jewelry show--(can we just say, oh, my?!), did laundry, have all the dishes done right now (yippee!!), and I'm back to class on Monday. It'll be here before I know it. (pant, pant) I can barely keep up with myself. I can't believe how fast the weeks go.

The cedar waxwings are back, on their semi-annual migration. Their sweet cheeps gave them away last night when I walked the Augie-Doggie Doomeister. Their song is so distinctive...it's like no other. Anyway, I think they're heading south just in time! Winter is coming fast on their heels. (Do birds have heels? I dunno.)

In one day, our weather went from summer to almost winter. Yikes!! I left this morning to go to the jewelry show and it was a balmy, oh, 65-ish morning. Beautiful. It got cooler as the day went on, though.

When I finally got home tonight after bringing Gail back down to the dorm, I swear I could hear sleet on the window. It was really just rain, but with the wind, it was soooooo cold!

In fact, it was so windy that Mugs called to see if my honey was still alive. That's an inside joke. He loves the wind. He says it calms him down...makes him feel peaceful. He said one time that the day he dies, it'll be a windy day--it'll be blowing about 50 mph. So she had to call just to check.

Okay, it's kind of a morbid joke, but you have to know my honey. He's a straight talker. He doesn't pretty it up to spare your feelings. He just says it like he sees it. So when he thinks about dying, he just says it right out loud. Drives us all crazy every time he says it, but so it is.

And every time it's windy, we have that conversation, or something like it. Nice, huh?

Well, I feel better because I got my blogging fix, and now I'm going to go listen to Al Green sang some gospel before I toddle off to bed. 'Nite, all.

3 comments:

Nezzy said...

Busy, busy woman. Hope your classes are going great. Sounds like ya'll need to stop and catch your breath.

I'm having trouble with one pic, the one I really,REALLY want for the slide show on my next blog and cannot get Photosmart and Picasa to play well together.

Have a great week and I pray everything goes smoothly for you.

Becky K. said...

You are so funny..."do birds have heels?". Oh my...I had to laugh out loud.

You sound happy...that is what matters.

Becky K.

daisymarie said...

It has never failed to be super windy if our family is planning some kind of outdoor happening. Never fails. Not quite as morbid...but definitely predictable. I like the new prettiness to your page.