Sunday, December 27, 2009

just one day at a time

I started my blog almost three years ago. I have friends I've had less time than that. 656 posts in less than three years. That's an average of over two hundred posts a year.

Boy, does that make me feel productive on a day where I feel like I haven't done much at all. I'm feeling a little down in the dumps after all the holiday hullaballoo, now that it's all over.

But my average hasn't been that great this last few months...

I feel like I've just abandoned ship in the middle of the night, tossing out a few random posts here and there like a bone to a starving dog. I wait until I feel guilty, and then throw something up onto the blog. It's like a friendship that I'm not making time for anymore. That's kinda sad.

It's been that way with everything. Scrapbooking, in fact any kind of crafting, computer anything other than my classes (which, by the way, I did not get straight A's in. 2 A's and a B, which was entirely my own fault.) Two more classes coming up next semester. I think I need to find a "fun" class to take over the summer. And maybe ASL in the fall. Who knows? So I haven't been completely slacking, but I haven't done much of anything creative, which makes me sad.

I just watched Julie and Julia tonight--for the third time--and I got all warm and fuzzy about my blog so I had to come back and post again. Have you seen that? I think it's one of my favorites. I particularly liked the song "A Bushel and a Peck" by Doris Day.

I had to look it up in the soundtrack (online), and then had to find it on youTube so I could get all the words to it. I LOVE the internet!

The only part of it I've ever heard is when my mother-in-law used to randomly sing the first part of it...♪♫♪I love you,♪♫ A bushel and a peck,♪♫ A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck...♪♫♪♫♪. But that's all the farther she would sing it.

Now, I've heard the whole thing. I love it. And I love Doris Day's singing. Have a listen:



I'll be back sooner than two weeks from now. :)

1 comment:

Nezzy said...

Awwwww! I sing that to my grandkids as I peck them on the cheeks. Ya now I love you (smack) as bushel and a peck (smooch) a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck (insert a big old squeeze here)..you get the pic!

I'm so glad your back. As you have found out ya'll just can't be all things to all people. I found I could not post daily, or even three or four times a week so I've tried to do at least one quality post per week. One just has to find what works for them without goin' off the deep end. You deserve a fun class this summer!

Have a great day and a wonderful New Year!!! God bless......