Monday, March 15, 2010

random notes

It seems like everything is random lately. Little bits of flotsam and jetsam drifting aimlessly around in my little puddle of life. My life is a collection of sound bites, skimming over the surface, but never dipping too deep. It's a bit odd.

Our grandbaby is getting better, praise God! And thank you for your precious prayers. She is off oxygen for now, and I'm hoping hard it will stay that way.

Our newest grandbaby was admitted to the hospital the night before last with...you guessed it: RSV. Wowza. I haven't heard an update on him yet. Pray he gets over this quickly as well!

And a little more rain must fall into baby # 1's family...now it's problems with the well. Pray they're not expensive to repair.

It was daylight savings weekend--we sprang ahead. Only I haven't felt very springy all day. More like exhausted. So why am I still up blogging? Because I can't stand not to. I miss it so. But the time change was difficult to adjust to this time around. I don't like it, as my friend Amy's nephew Max would say. He didn't say no. He said, "I don't like it." My new motto. But it's like I'm missing an electrical connection or something. I need to charge up and plug into my blog. :)

On the bright side, I checked out two delightful books from the library: Journal Spilling: Mixed Media Techniques for Free Expression, and Creative Time and Space: Making Room for Making Art. Those titles are so appealing. And just look at the beautiful covers.



I'm inspired to find ways to make time and make space to make art. That creative bug is dancing around me frantically, trying to get me to follow it. If I wait until I have "enough time", I'll be waiting forever and I'll never get to make art.

6 comments:

Becky K. said...

Creativity! It is good for the soul!

Becky K.

Nezzy said...

Oh sweeties, I'll be praying for your sweet little grandbabies and their families. Whew, well troubles usually means diggin' deep in the pockets, hopefully it's not a big problem.

Those are some beautiful book-coverings, I'm inspired just lookin' at them.

God bless you and have a terrific Tuesday!!!

"Deal"icious Mom said...

Hi - Thanks so much for having a link to my site on your blog! If there is anyway you could update the link I would totally appreciate it. All you have to do is delete the current link and re-enter it. Something happened to my links on other blogs when I switched to Wordpress Let me know if you update it and I will be sure to add a link to your site on my Friends & Followers page!

Vernie said...

Hi! You should also try reading The Artist Way by Julia Cameron, Life Artist by Ali Edwards and to get you on the more creative path. Try out this site: creativityforyou.com

daisy said...

Thanks, Vernie. I'll give that site a look-see.

Stephani said...

Praying for your little ones!
I am glad I found your blog!

Steph
www.heartpondering.blogspot.com