Monday, April 4, 2011

dream a little dream...

I have kids who do the strangest things in their sleep. I used to think they get it from their dad. LOL. Love to share the credit, there. He used to argue with people (who were awake) while he was sleeping, and he was very good at it. He could probably have convinced them that the sky was really green, not blue.

Anytime I heard a ruckus in the boys' room at night, I'd fly out of bed because chances were, Lewis was up to something in his sleep. He tried to fight his way out of the bedroom window once. Or he'd walk into the closet thinking it was a door. He got up at two in the morning once and started to get ready for school. Looked like he was wide awake. Chased him back to bed, and he was asleep just like that!

Once he stole John's covers in the middle of the night, and had a death grip on them when John tried to take them back. They were having a tug of war when we went in there, back and forth, and then Lewis rolled over on the blanket to keep a better grip on it. I think I almost peed a little because I was laughing so hard. John didn't think it was very funny. He was just cold!

I don't go to quite that extreme. However, I do apparently say the strangest things when I'm just falling asleep. One time I fell asleep as my honey and I were talking, and out of the blue, I guess I said to him ominously, "There's trouble at the meat market!"

"There's ... what??" he said disbelievingly. "Have you lost your mind?"

"There's trouble at the meat market!" I repeated.

"Well..." he said, playing along, "what kind of trouble?"

A pause, then, "The sausages aren't linking!!"

Wow. What do you say to that? LOL.

Well, add something new to that list of weird things to do in your sleep: sleep-photography. Yeah. Add that to my list.

My honey is an artist, and he is usually in the process of painting a picture, or two or three. We were talking about one of his current pieces last night before I went to bed and what he wanted to do with it next. I remember dreaming that something bad was going to happen to it, and I needed to take pictures of it so it wouldn't be lost forever. We could at least have the memories, you know? I don't know what was going to happen...some random stalker was going to flash through the room and leave a trail of spray paint on it???

The next thing I remember is standing up with a camera in my hand, taking pictures of this painting! I vaguely remember getting up, but when I realized what I was doing, I was a little confused. So I put the camera back down and went back to bed. I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow again. So crazy! I'm going to have to go back and look at the pictures I took and see if any of them even turned out.

3 comments:

Megan said...

You are NUTS!!! That is absolutely hilarious!! I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious :-)

Nezzy said...

Heeehehhe!!! That was great my dear!

My son once got outta bed, went to the closet in our utility room and grabbed a handful of dog food and ate it!!!

God bless and enjoy your day sweeite!!!

Kimberly said...

OMG - I'm rolling. That is hilarious