Monday, June 27, 2011

baby love, Wyatt style




Little Mr. Wyatt came to visit me last night for a couple of hours. What a sweet baby boy he is...all of two months old, now. He was 10 pounds 8 oz when he was born. Little moosie.

Mama Mel wanted to get out and go to a movie with a friend, and I said I'd watch him. How else is a grammy to get her time with her little man? Boy, oh boy. I got nothing else done the entire time he was here.

First it was Feed, Burp, and Repeat till the bottle was gone. Then we played Change the Diaper. And I must be losing my touch because just as I was putting the clean diaper on, he peed on me! Oh, the memories! LOL. So, diaper number two. I rocked him for a few minutes, and he filled his diaper again. Diaper number three, and he hadn't been here more than an hour.

I got him changed and cleaned up, and just sat and rocked with him, and sang him a lovely little song that I used to sing to Mel when she was a baby. And all of a sudden it rushed over me, a sudden nostalgia for the days when the most important things I did were taking care of the little ones, and I realized how much I had enjoyed the simple feeling of confidence I had back then. When you're the mom, one thing is certain: there is no one better. It's a good feeling.

1 comment:

daisymarie said...

Funny. I wish I could take some of my current knowledge and confidence and go back. The one thing I didn't know how to do, that I desperately wished I did, was play. I can play and be a hundred kinds of creative with my grandkids that my two girls never got from me. Enough nostalgia....Little Big man! He's adorable!