Thursday, October 13, 2011

would you like this dance?

So I'm a little behind in watching one of my favorite shows, Dancing With the Stars. I've had tons of homework to do, but I think this being behind business is typical for me even when I'm not busy, because I don't want to get too attached to any of the contestants until I have a good sense of who is sticking around.

It's kind of like when one of the kids has a new boyfriend or girlfriend. You don't get too attached until you know if they are going to be more than just a passing fancy. :) Because as sure as the sun will shine, no sooner do you start to really like this person, someone decides it's not going to work out, and there you go again! Moping around with your heart out there on your sleeve.

Of course, we don't meet most of them until the passing fancy stage is past anyway. The kids tend to keep them under wraps until they have made up their mind that this person is important enough to introduce to the family as an "other". That's my code word for anyone who is not yet a spouse (son-in-law or daughter-in-law). They are the "others". It covers a lot of ground and you don't have to do a lot of explaining. I'm just sayin'.

But anyway, I already have a favorite on DWTS who just sneaked in under my "not paying attention" defenses: JR Martinez. Have you paid attention? Not only did his story touch my little heart, he can dance!! Very cool.

In case you missed it, here is one little sample from a couple of weeks ago.



But then you have Chaz Bono, Ricki Lake, and Carson Kressley, too, and I just want them all to shine on the dance floor. Chaz will have to step it up a little, but I think he's up for it. We shall see!

1 comment:

daisymarie said...

Hi! I've only peeked in on pieces of a couple of episodes, but I've been really fortunate to see JR dance a couple times--I liked him, too!