Saturday, January 14, 2012

M.I.A.

Only temporarily, I was missing in action! You know that old saying, "Of all the things I've lost, the one I miss the most is my mind"? Well, I think menopause does the same thing as pregnancy used to do. I am as spacey as Marvin Martian's little cousin. I was checking out the settings on the new interface that showed up on blogger, and didn't switch them back to what they originally were. Yikes!

I'm spending a quiet night at home--loving it!--babysitting Mr X and cleaning up the house. It got let go all week this week when classes started, and now it is crazy messy! So I have a little ragtime music going, little man is playing with his toys, and I have some dishes waiting for me in the sink! I'm simply going to enjoy the process of sprucing up my nest, slow dancing with the vacuum, splish splashing in the sink, scrub-a-dub-dubbing the crud off my tub, and when I get up in the morning, it's gonna be a great day! I love when my house is clean.

I have a book by Rob Bell waiting for me, and I'll put the coffee on, put my feet up, and enjoy the day.

Here's a great song to vacuum by...ya just hafta crank it up so you can hear it over the noise of it all. Yes, I know it's not ragtime, but you have to break it up a little with some variety. I listen to Scot Joplin's Maple Leaf Rag and the dishes get done in double-time!



And a little jazz to play you out...

1 comment:

Nezzy said...

Golly gee, it's good to know I'm not the only one who dances with her vaccume! :o)

Have a blessed and beautiful week sweetie!!! :o)