Tuesday, January 3, 2012

this one was a page-turner



I just read this book tonight, Heaven is for Real, by Todd Burpo (what a name, huh? definitely unique).

My friend at work had it with her today and said her husband read it in a day. I asked if I could read it, and she sent it home with me. I promised to read it tonight and bring it back in the morning.

I wasn't sure if I would want to finish it or not, but I decided I would just bring it back in the morning whether I finished it or not. Well, I could not put it down. I finished it in just a couple of hours.

I have a new friend in my head: Colton Burpo. I am reliving the book as I think about what he said, the people he saw, and the things he described that he had no way of knowing.

It makes me think. It makes me wonder, and it makes me wish.

It makes me hear this song in my head.



Lord, open my eyes, the eyes of my heart. I really, really want to see You.

2 comments:

Nezzy said...

Amen!!! I haven't read the book but it's on my winter list.

I don't read anything in two hours...I don't sit still well! Heehehehehe!!!

God bless and thanks for the share...I enjoyed the video immensely!

Have a great day sweetie! :o)

daisymarie said...

I'm intrigued. I have to find this now.