Wednesday, October 3, 2012

mushrooms and more...

Oh, dear sweet youngest child,

You will never be so glad to be eating dinner elsewhere as you will be when you hear what we're having tonight.   Ready for this??  drumroll, please... it's...Mushroom Gravy and Mashed Potatoes! Yup. That's it.  I found a great recipe for the gravy I want to try.  No meat whatsoever involved.

Oh, and a salad, and homemade bread. I guess you wouldn't mind that part.

There is something vaguely rebellious about not eating meat.  People try to figure out why in the world I would want to give up meat.  Some of them think it's not quite normal, and they don't know what to say.  I say, Power to the Piglets!  Or something like that.  Heehee!!  It's not changing the world, but it's changing my world.  When I screw up and accidentally eat something with meat, I feel bad.  I am the only one I'm letting down when I do that.  No one else cares.  Just me.  It's interesting.  But now that I've made you almost tune out, I'll move on.

Last night was uneventful. I went to sign language class - fun, drove home-not much fun, checked my facebook to catch up with friends-fun, did a little homework-sorta fun, and went to bed-sleep is very fun!  But I bet your night was more fun.

Nothing is new. Oh, wait! I take it back. Robert and Jamie are ENGAGED!!! That's new and exciting. Aw, they are so cute together. I have a picture of them together that is sooo adorable. And it doesn't hurt that I love the shade of green of the sweater that Jamie is wearing.

♥ this!

1 comment:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

....and what a darlin' couple they make too!

Here's sendin' them a great big old CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Sorry I haven't been 'round. I've been up to my knickers in farm business. We're goin' in to harvest time now, it'll last 'bout a month or so.

God bless ya sweetie and have a fantabulous day!!! :o)