Thursday, February 14, 2013

my sweet Valentine

To my sweet Valentine! ♥ ♥ ♥

I just want to thank you for everything you do for me, and for being who you are: the most thoughtful, most romantic, sweetest love of my life.  I can't believe how lucky I am.  I feel so spoiled sometimes.

Your love shows through every single day we are together.  It's not that you have to buy me roses and chocolate every day, or serenade me with beautiful Italian operas...no, your love shows clearly when you go out in the freezing cold every morning to start my car so it's warm for me when I go to work.  Your love is blazing bright when I come home on a Friday and you have cleaned the house, done the laundry and all the dishes so that I can relax and don't have to hit the floor running the minute I walk in the door. 

You get up early to take your shower first so I can sleep in a little later in the morning.  Your every thought seems to be about how to make my life easier.  I have to be careful about what I wish for out loud, because you take it to heart and figure out a way to work it out.  My happiness is your happiness. I love you for that.

One time, a long while ago, I said I like flowers, but I like them better when they're in the ground than I do when they're in a vase because they last longer.  You worked your tail off for several years in a row to put in a huge beautiful garden for me, and now every spring, summer, and fall, I have the most beautiful living bouquet of flowers a girl could ever ask for.  You did that for ME.  I know you enjoy the flowers, too, but our beautiful flower garden reminds me every year of your love for me.

You hear what I have to say, and you remember it forever.  You plot and you plan and you do it for me.  When I say I'd like something for the house, you figure out how to make it happen.  Sometimes it takes a minute for a project to come together, but eventually it does.  Like our coat racks.  LOL. It stretched out a few years, but now there they are on the wall...and they're just beautiful!  But sometimes, it's like snapping my fingers because it happens that fast.  When I said I wanted a picture hung in the living room, you dropped everything, got your tools, and hung my picture up right then and there.  I say I want a bench--boom! You're on it, making it happen.

You won't even argue with me anymore.  We spar, and we pick at each other a little sometimes, and then you just stop.  You can't fight with your best friend, you tell me, and just like that, it's over.  ♥  You inspire me to be a better person.

I appreciate you, my love.  And I love you!  Thanks for being my Valentine.

So, in the microwave, you will find some Fudgy Brownie Hearts with Fresh Berry Buttercream sandwiched in between them. Help yourself! There is fresh coffee in the thermos. Pour yourself a cup, pull up a chair, and enjoy.

This one is for you, sweetheart.

No comments: